cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Old account listed

Hi,

When I purchased my first house I tried to create a new BT account under my own email address which failed miserably and this could not be resolved so I was told to re-use an old account from when I had a second line at a parents property.

Every time I login I have to changed it from 'Account 1' to my current account, can I change the default? can this old account be removed? 

I suppose if I migrate to EE I can forget about this but wondered if there is a setting I'm missing.

Screenshot 2024-05-12 120228.png

Thanks,

Adam

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Old account listed

try phoning CS 03301234150 and they should be able to help you.   you can also try billing  https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/account-and-billing/broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Old account listed

Hello,

to resolve issues with your BT account, log in to their website and navigate to account settings. Look for options to manage linked accounts and set your current account as the default while removing the old account. Save your changes after making adjustments. If needed, contact BT customer support for assistance in setting up your preferred account as default and resolving any login issues you may be experiencing.

0 Ratings