cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Openreach Activation

Hi

I am having an issue where with our new build house, with Openreach installed it has been a couple of months since installation where we are unable to see any broadband options.

Plusnet seems to be the only one offering fibre broadband but they've said Openreach need to activate the line on their side as it's an FTTC option.

If it is an Openreach situation, is there any way to escalate this so that it can be activated as soon as possible?

As I am working from home and it is very difficult to try and do this and I am having to work elsewhere in the meantime.

Please could someone help me out with this?

Thank you 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Openreach Activation

@Asadhaq 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

1000021850.png

 When I've entered the address in the checker it says we cannot determine broadband availability at this location.

Does that mean Openreach haven't done thier part yet?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@Asadhaq 

In the new build is there a box like this? Does it also say Openreach on it? Or does it have a different company name on it?

Also what does the address checker say say for your neighbours? 

If it's a new build estate then the building developers may have used a different fibre infrastructure provider other than Openreach (e.g some use a fibre infrastructure provider called OFNL)

300px-Fttp-ont-pon.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

1000021855.jpg

@jac_95 Hi

This is what we have at our new build. Different to your picture. At the top it says Master Socket 5C

We don't really have neighbours as ours is the only one built so far. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

That Plastering and Paint Work looks, ‘Top Notch’.

Please, do pass on my Compliments to your Builder.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

It looks like Openreach do not have any routing built yet.

Assuming you are going to place your order with BT Retail, then apply online for a service.

https://www.bt.com/broadband/deals

Enter your postcode, and select your address from the list.

If your address does not appear on the list, there is space on that form to manually enter your address. That will designate the address as "bronze", and Openreach will do a survey to determine the routing.

As it appears you only have a copper connection, then FTTC would be the only option.

This is all assuming that your developer did liaise with Openreach to provide a connection.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

New build can mean different things to different people , someone may say a house built 8 years ago is ‘new build’ because it’s pretty new ……’newsites’ is a better description of brand new , first occupant, just handed over to the occupant by the developer, newsites from 2020 onwards generally have FTTP , unless a very small development, where the developer has to make a small contribution towards the FTTP network otherwise it’s copper pairs, new build that isn’t brand new but potentially a few years old may have FTTP but may have copper ….

the image you have posted shows the network termination equipment ( NTE ) of a copper pair , not ‘fibre’  , if your property is ‘new sites’ , and a very small development ( less than 10 properties) I’m afraid your developer didn’t take the FTTP option, but chose copper pairs to avoid having to pay a small sum to OR for FTTP .
Openreach don’t provide master sockets and ONT , so that address has at best FTTC not FTTP , if the address doesn’t appear on any ISP ordering portals , does the address appear on the Royal Mail database ?, if it doesn’t then the developer hasn’t registered the address correctly or hasn’t registered it at all , and TBH the fact that they didn’t go for FTTP makes you ponder what type of developer they are , one man band type builder/ developer ?,

If your address appears in the Royal Mail website , then the OR address database hasn’t caught up , if it doesn’t appear in the RM database yet , then your developer hasn’t submitted the appropriate information, the OR database is dependent on the RM one , so you would need the developer to sort that out .

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Hi,

Yes it's a newsites house being built by a small developer (less than 10 houses) and the address is appearing on RM database meaning it has been setup. And yes I can confirm that it is FTTC and not FTTP.

The problem I have is that Openreach need to activate it on thier side and has been some time since for them to do this. Would you know how long this would normally take for Openreach?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

That will only happen if Openreach get an order from a provider. They do not activate a connection without an order.

You need to place an order, otherwise you will wait forever.