cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Openreach constantly changing my installation date

Is anyone else experiencing absolutely ridiculous installation times? Also where is the best place to raise a complaint? I moved in to my property on the 24th of October ordered fibre through Sky then had 2 appointments changed, finally the when they came out the Openreach engineer said I wouldn't be able to get fibre at my property, on the off chance I spoke to someone at EE they then told me I could, had a further 2 appointments one rescheduled again and one who came out to tell me he couldn't complete the installation due to traffic management needed, we're now at December by this point, I then receive multiple calls with how they can circumvent this and now they don't need traffic management.. New appointment made, yet again rescheduled! Now waiting until the end of Feburary?! I have to book time off work for each slot they give me so I've wasted almost a weeks holiday for nothing, pretty annoyed by this and any time I speak to someone I feel like I'm being fed hot air to get me off the phone, I'm now at a point where I can't book anymore days off until April after this next Febuary appointment and I 100% expect it to be rescheduled, the worst thing is there is no reason given or contact. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Openreach constantly changing my installation date

This is a BT retail customer to customer forum and has nothing to do with Openreach.

You need to contact the Internet company that you have ordered your broadband from and ask them what the delay is.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I ordered with BT/EE..

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Which one, BT Retail or EE?

Who did you place your order with?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

When you ordered with Sky and the Openreach tech visited but couldn’t install , presumably the tech gave you the reasons why the installation couldn’t be done , and no doubt , even though you have ordered with someone else , the reason is still the same ….TBH why would you expect that if the Openreach tech can’t do the install when sent by Sky , it would be any different just because a different ISP sent them .
It seems  as though your installation is complicated , and rather than be on the hook for compensation , the appointment is cancelled by Openreach, this isn’t really the ISP’s doing , but whatever company you chose ( which was Sky and now seems to be EE ) they are responsible for keeping you informed, BT are not involved.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@CH1990 

If you placed your order with EE, then you are posting on the wrong forum, as this is a BT Retail forum, and you will not be able to get any assistance from BT here.

Try posting on the EE forum instead, and you should get help there.

https://community.ee.co.uk/

0 Ratings