cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Option for Xbox Game Pass vanished?

Go to solution

Just wanted to update since my last post a month or so back.

I have had my latest BT bill in and I can see it has Game Pass Ultimate listed as a £12 charge. I have also looked again in MyBT Your Account page and don't see Game Pass showing anywhere, and I can not seem to find anyway of cancelling this myself.

I believe my 12 months free promotion has now come to an end, I am pretty sure I have had the full 12 month promotion now. 

@NeilO With regards to the latest bill and the £12 charge. My bill is due to be paid on 5th Oct, if you could please remove the £12 charge before payment is taken. Can you please also ensure Game Pass Ultimate is cancelled going forward. I obviously don't want to have to post here each month if it keeps getting added to my bill. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Morning @besmirched 

Thanks for coming back to us with an update. 

To get this charge looked into and make sure the Game Pass has been removed, please get in touch with our technical support team. They will have access to the account and get this sorted for you,. 

Leanne 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks @Leanne_T, I was a bit worried about this as in my past experience I have been able to resolve matters here on the forums with the help of mods. But it wasn't too bad, managed to a web chat with your link and after a 20 min wait I got through to someone.

Initially this person seemed reluctant to get rid of the £12 charge, but after I explained my chat on the forums here and that there's no Game Pass options on the BT website for me to manage this myself, they did then agree to take off the £12 charge. They also assured me I won't be billed for this again in the future.

I did express that I have concerns like other members here have complained about, where BT/EE still seems to have control over the Xbox account with regards to the Game Pass subscription. The person I was on web chat with seemed to think I shouldn't have any problems here.

Not sure if this takes a few days to resolve itself... I am just looking on my Xbox console now, and gone to subscriptions - it shows Game Pass Ultimate / Status: Active / Purchased from BT/EE. This will go away on its own in time?

I did read some users tried redeeming a Xbox code for something else, and that might work. Do you have any additional tips here for me?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @besmirched 

Thanks for coming back to me and letting me know you have chatted with someone regarding this charge. 

Does the Xbox account show an end date for the BT subscription?  

If you log into your My BT do you have the Xbox Game Pass add-on showing? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution
@Leanne_T

If I go to account.microsoft.com I can select to manage my Game Pass subscription. On here it just shows as 'Purchased from BT/EE'. If I click the manage button here it then takes me to the EE website where I need to log-in. But I don't have an EE account, I am a BT customer.

Regarding the BT website or or app, in the My BT and Your Products areas I can't see any tiles here related to Game Pass.

So I don't really know. It's easy to look on the forums here and quickly find other BT customers having issues getting BT/EE removed from people's Game Pass subscription.

I'm not too sure how this limits me tbh, other than the annoying 'Purchased from BT/EE' text that constantly shows. I'll try to remember to keep my eye out next month too to ensure I still don't get charged again. BT web chat assured me this wouldn't happen.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @besmirched 

If you do experience any problems with the Game Pass, please get back in touch with our tech team who will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne. 

0 Ratings