cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Order Stuck Open Awaiting Cancellation

Go to solution

On 4 April I agreed to a new 24 month contract with BT which was due to start on 5 Apr.  This included increasing my broadband speed, supplying a booster disk and cancelling my digital voice service.  It seems the ceasing of digital voice snagged the order.

The next day (5 April) I realised I had been sold a very poor deal and I wished to exercise my right to cancel the contract.  The reason being that BT were offering a significantly better deal for new customers and Plusnet a similar price - about £10 per month less and much higher speed.  I thought companies were no longer allowed to offer new customers a better price than loyal existing customers?  I lodged a complaint which was cancelled but has been re-instated yesterday. 

I contacted BT the same day (5 April) to cancel the contract but apparently it had failed to complete and I was told that it could not be cancelled until the issue had been resolved.  Since the failed contract start date I have called BT many times and spoken to some helpful and some less helpful representatives.  Numerous promises of the problem being fixed have been broken.  

If I have understood correctly, it seems that once the stuck order is resolved I will then have to call again to cancel the contact.  I have been assured the 14 day deadline for cancellations will not be affected.  I am extremely worried that cancelling the contract will cause yet more problems and another stuck order....  I wish I had never asked to remove digital voice as it has no effect on pricing and I believe has caused this issue to rumble on.

I have said I would accept a fair price for a new contract with BT, but if they can't match their offer for new customers, I would choose to move provider.  Surely that's reasonable?  I know this was very remiss of me not to have said this before agreeing to a new contract but I am 70 and can get bamboozled.  Its seems, 2 weeks later, that, today, the Pro Care Life Team (whoever they are) are dealing with the stuck order and another failed promise was that this would be resolved today. 

Can anyone give me advice as to whether I am approaching this in the best way?  How can I get this resolved?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Order Stuck Open Awaiting Cancellation

Go to solution

Update……The Pro Care team have closed the order and cancelled the contract showing it as ended. I then negotiated a good deal which was due to go live yesterday. No prizes for guessing - this order is now stuck open and unfulfilled.   More hours on the phone to 150. What is going on? Can anyone help please? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @wohdivad,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry the new order isn't progressing. Please send me your details and I'll take a look at your order to see what's going on.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks Paddy. You will have received my message I hope so I look forward to hearing the result of your investigation. I will not call 150 for now.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Update.........my 'stuck" order was cancelled and a new order/contract raised by BT for activation today.  I am pleased to say that my new contract is up and running so I thank the moderators (PaddyB).  However, this new contract is for an additional £3 pm to my initial agreement.  It's only a relatively small amount but I don't feel I should just accept it - it's a matter of principle.   I hope this can be sorted by a moderator before I grit my teeth and call 150.  So close to ending this 3 week (thus far) saga.  Any help or advice welcome.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Final update......this has now been sorted thanks to the expertise of moderator Neil.  Thank you!