cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Order canc lord by by but why

I am completely confused as an order placed for BT essential broadband and retain copper landline needed for care services was cancelled by BT . I was told they didn't know why but a new order would generated . This I am told has failed. And now a broadband service that was active for 2 weeks (activated 3 Oct ) has now been cut off . I received an email this morning telling me to send equipment back or be charged £50 and my 91 year old mother with care needs has now been left without working cameras that we installed to.monitor her safety in her home. We now have camera we cannot use that have cost us over £100 and no idea how she can get broadband and keep her vital copper wire phone line.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Order canc lord by by but why

@Angela2024 

Its no longer possible to provide phone lines over copper to the exchange.

See  https://landlinesgo.digital/

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

It is for elderly who use care community equipment. It's part of the issue but even by say it is resolvable 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I think that older vulnerable people will not be forced to migrate from existing analogue phone lines to digital voice for the time being.

However, this is apparently a new order from broadband but keeping an analogue phone line and I think this falls foul of BT's "stop" on all new orders that include analogue phone lines. That's probably why the order is failing.

If the order was for broadband with digital voice it would probably go through OK.

0 Ratings