cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Ordered FTTP 900 18/12/2021

I ordered BT Full Fibre on 18.12.2021 abs is still not been installed!   BT and Openreach are an absolute joke.  Every time I get given an installation date they just change it without notice and put it on for another month!

Apparently openreach say that there is a blockage in the ducts on the whole estate and they don’t know if or when it’s going to be fixed.   Every time I ring up the FTTP team they are very sorry, credit my Bill with a £50 credit and contract openreach who say it’s been escalated and check later.   
what a joke this is!   How hard is it to get fibre installed?   On the fibre checker it says it’s available to my house (when clearly it’s not out in being lied to)

if there are any moderators on here who can sort this for me please as it’s making BT look like a joke 

thanks 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ordered FTTP 900 18/12/2021

I feel compelled to relate, briefly, my 900 experience.

Ordered. Never achieved anything near the figure. Excuses despite having an otherwise great connection. BT approved it.

Several posters , many of whom were very knowledgeable about the gubbins, etc put it down to the Home Hub. Some suggested I fiddle around with things. I explained that when I received my new car the dealership was responsible for the fixing etc. But some were experts and were, I feel, unsympathetic because I didn't want to fix it. I wanted it fixed.

Eventually, I dropped down to an acceptable 150 ( with kids moved away I no longer need the superduper).

That's it. Imagine though... being offered something which couldn't work. Some went out and bought different routers, cables, house, etc!

Good luck 🤞

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ordered FTTP 900 18/12/2021

"Every time I ring up the FTTP team they are very sorry, credit my Bill with a £50 credit and contract openreach who say it’s been escalated and check later. "

I've been waiting since mid-September and I haven't been offered any compensation at all, apart from the £25 they are legally forced to give under Ofcom rules when I had to change my Christmas plans and wait in all day for Openreach only for them not to show. Still no sign of any life since then, completely conflicting stories from CS reps on what the delay is down to. Got told on Monday from CS that it was my fault and Openreach have been waiting 5 months for a permissions form that they hadn't sent me to be signed and said I'd get contact from Openreach that day to progress, still not heard anything at all.

I can sympathise entirely, communication is absolutely abysmal.