cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Ordering BT

Will I be able to order BT now, but get it installed in 4 weeks time, due to contact with Sky ending then

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Ordering BT

Assuming this is an ISP switch then I believe so. I haven't switched for a few years but usually, when you place the order with BT it will default to 14 days time, but you can amend that to a later date. You can go through the order process to check before you commit.

Message 3 of 10

@cordnerj3 

Its important that you do not cancel your Sky contract, jus let BT take over the service, and they inform Sky.

If you cancel Sky, that will cause a cease to be issued which will delay any switching.

Message 4 of 10

I have to ring sky directly has have Sky Tv aswell
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@cordnerj3wrote:
I have to ring sky directly has have Sky Tv aswell

As @Keith_Beddoe said, do not cancel your broadband with them, let the switching process take care of that. Otherwise you'll likely end up with no service for a fortnight & may lose your phone number.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

How will I switch the TV then?. Just ring up and cancel that?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

How will I switch the TV then?. Just ring up and cancel that?

I would expect that to be totally separate assuming its a satellite connection, so you would have to  cancel that yourself.

If you intend to use BT TV, then make sure you have a good FreeView signal from a TV aerial.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I would be inclined to just place the broadband order, let that switch & then cancel the TV. That way there's no room for confusion unless they cancel the TV as well, which is what you want anyway. It means paying for another month of TV services from Sky but that gives you a month to ensure everything is working with BT TV before losing Sky.

Once Sky see the order to switch broadband they may well be in contact to make you an offer you can't refuse to stay. In which case you can just cancel the BT order.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@cordnerj3 

1. Usually you can select a start date for your new broadband.

2. Have you checked if you can get FTTP (Full Fibre/Ultrafast) as well? As in, when you put your postcode into the Broadband Availability checker, does it show FTTP products too?

3. In the case of FTTP, there is (usually) the option to select a start date from about 14 days into the future onward. 

4. If it's a switch from FTTC to FTTC broadband, you usually just sign up with the new provider and it automatically ends the broadband contract with the old provider through the switching process. Regarding TV though, I would say like you mentioned, probably best to give notice with the old provider to ensure you know when your bills stop with them etc. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

I am got everything sorted with new broadband and TV. And have Wi-Fi with old provider until BT is installed
0 Ratings