cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Pay as you Go Fee ?

Go to solution

I was thinking of buying a WiFi extender when I saw BT's 'Complete WiFi' for an extra £1 per month for 24 months and thought this sounded a good way to go. Went to upgrade and, not only do I have to renew the entire contract for 24 months but I am being asked to pay an additional £3 a month to have Pay As You Go usage of my phone which is included in my existing contract without extra charge! If I'm right then this is simply another way of effectively charging £4 a month for the disc rather than £1. Is this right ? 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Pay as you Go Fee ?

Go to solution

you can now have a broadband only or broadband with phone package as many people no longer want to use the home phone preferring to use mobile .  if you decide broadband with phone then there is a cost of £3/5pm added for PAYG or you can select a unlimited phone package.  choice is yours

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for your response.

I can see that but its still a £3 rise for no change to what I have already and is not mentioned on the simple £1 a month upgrade option so I would be daft to renew until I have to.  In my book I would have been happy if they had reduced the broadband price by £3 and then given the option of having a landline or not. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

When BT fist introduced the pay as you go there was no charge until you renewed your contract then they charged £3  for it. 

Having PAYG allows you to receive phone calls even if you do not make any so no doubt they justify that be saying  it is to cover that cost. If you don't want to receive calls just take out a no landline phone Broadband package and save your self £3 but that will entail taking out a new contract. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@Wellow1 

Don't forget the additional £3 they will be levying in March, together with whatever figure they pluck out of the air the following year.

I'm in a simial rposition as my conract expires in November. I also have never paid for PAYG but they now want the £3 on top. So for me that's 11% increase now, plus a further 10% in March - over 22% total.

The only thing that kept me with BT was the excellent support available from the Mods. Now they've apparently all been binned off, I have no reason not to move to an equivilent service for £5pm less.

@JohnC2, @NeilO , @PaddyB , @RobbieMac , @SeanD 

If you're still looking, thanks for all you did for the Community. Looks like DanielS & DavidM have already departed, but thanks to them also.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Its because everytime you change something with BT you are forced to take out a new contract and then you are subject to any product/package changes that are different from the package you are on.

Hence the £3 charge for phone. I've had to do the same when I switched to Full Fibre. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
"I was thinking of buying a WiFi extender when I saw BT's 'Complete WiFi' for an extra £1 per month for 24 months"

Get some Wholehome WiFi discs - these are the white ones and operate in the same way as the black Complete WiFi discs, except they are independent of the BT hub with the first one just plugging into an ethernet port on the hub. Just Google" Wholehome WiFi" and some good offers will come up on the site named after a river and on the site that has "bay" in its name. Because you own these discs there's no need to change your contract with BT.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@chrisjp 

You are allowed to say Amazon and eBay or any other e-commerce site on the forum. You are just not allowed to post links to the sites!

Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

I'm sure you are right about the white discs and there are a lot like them but better according to Which but I dont think my needs merit a mesh system nor do I fancy having even more things plugged in! I might wait until my contract is up for renewal and get a disc then - or I might say ** to BT and buy an extender instead out of spite!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Don't buy an extender. If you don't want a mesh system, get powerline adapters.

0 Ratings