cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Personalised Offers on Same Street

Go to solution

Evening All,

I have a bit of a gripe and wondered if anyone has had similar. After the lampposts were upgraded I can now get Full Fibre 900. I've not had an email offering it, but if I was a new customer it is there. The price is what it is.

So I've phoned BT and asked and they quoted me a price as my contract for Halo3+ doesn't end until May 2023. Ok. I'll leave it thanks.

Then my Brother in Law gives me a ring and tells me BT have contacted him with an offer that is too good to miss out on. So he has ordered FF900 at an amazing price and it is being fit around Jan 16th 2023. He has 6 months left on his contract.

Then my best mate gets in touch to arrange a beer. We start talking about BT FF. He tells me he has also ordered it with around 8 months left on his contract at a great price.

Both my family am friend have shown me their screen shots. They have ordered. Why am I not being given these personalised deals? I have been a customer for around 20 years. Never had any issues. I am less than 100m from a roadside cabinet and less than a mile from an exchange. Just no deals.

The price BT said I could move for was £20 more than both my friends/family have been offered yet they too are midway through contracts.

Any advice? I'll wait until April/May but it's just annoying.

Rant over.

G

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Personalised Offers on Same Street

Go to solution

If you can now get FTTP confirmed using dslchecker then phone the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see what deal you are offered. If you don't like offer then try again in a day or so and see if you can negotiate a better deal. For FTTP distance from exchange or cabinet is immaterial 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I know I can get it. All of that research has been done. Just annoyed I do not get the same deal offers as others on my street. 

thanks all,

gareth

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Did you phone the number that was posted above to see what deal you could get?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Yes. Just come off the phone with them and they have offered me FF900 for ~£89 a month. Yeahhhh - leaving that were it is and will look at it when my contract comes to an end in April.

You would think they would want you to move over and re-contract.

G

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Evening all - last week I finally had the offer through and managed to get 900Mbit (Halo3+) for £5 more than I am paying now. A lot cheaper than they originally offered. This is for 24 months.

Happy with that. I could have waited and possibly played the 'changing supplier card' but couldn't be bothered.

Thanks everyone for their various advice.

Gareth

0 Ratings