cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Phone Rental Home Essentials Help

Go to solution

Hiya im currently paying for my fathers broadband and telephone line in my name; which will be out of contract on the 3rd of September. 

We decided that we wont be renewing the broadband and just to pay the line rental.

My father in currently in receipt of pension credit guarantee and i have found out that BT provide the line rental for £10 a month. But when i try to apply for it online its say it is not eligible with the current broadband contract?

How do i go about moving the line rental to the home essential contract. We dont want to lose the landline number as we have had it for several decades. Many Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone Rental Home Essentials Help

Go to solution

@Raf91 

You would have to cancel the account in your name, and he would have to start a new phone account in his name, as the account holder has to be the person claiming pension credit.

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/home-essentials/102076_Home_Essentials_Online.pdf

Phone line only
For homes that aren’t looking to
go online, but that want to stay in
touch with the world, we have:
3. Home Essentials – Call-only
plan
• Unlimited minutes a month
talk time to all UK landlines
and mobiles.
• Costs £10 a month.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@Raf91wrote:

We dont want to lose the landline number as we have had it for several decades. Many Thanks.

This is the tricky part, if you're currently the account holder but you want your father to have the account for the property, the only way is a working line takeover, which means you will be issued a new number when the new account goes live, you would then need to request a renumber to try and get the old number back, there is no guarantee this will work so there is risk, there is also a £26 charge for the renumber.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Cheers

0 Ratings