cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Planning on moving

Hi,  I'm new here but have been a BT customer at the same address for nearly 10 years.

I'm moving soon, hopefully, and BT broadband sucks the big one on my new street.  I can get a guaranteed 900Mb from another provider so i won't be taking my broadband with me for long if at all.  Now i have a couple of Mobile phones on BT too and yes, I know the price of those will increase by a fiver each.  That i'm not worried about.  What's really baking my noodle is the broadband..How can they get away with tying you up in it so tight?  That's just a silly question though really isn't it.

Second question 'A' is this:

BT can't offer me my exsisting broadband package at my new address.  I'm not willing to take anything less.  I have a contract that ends in November this year.  Is it safe to assume the disconnection fee for the broadband/landline will just be 6 months worth of payments plus a bit of admin rolled in to one?

Second question 'B' follows:

IF and only IF i did take BT broadband at the new address.  Would i have to take out a new 18 month contract?  because like i said I won't be getting no Halo 2 and the best they can offer me is Fibre 1.

Third question:

Will i be able to ride out my contracts on the two mobile packages to completion even though i've cancelled the broadband.  I'm already aware of the £10 increase it will occur.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Planning on moving

@SimplyChunky wrote:

Hi,  I'm new here but have been a BT customer at the same address for nearly 10 years.

I'm moving soon, hopefully, and BT broadband sucks the big one on my new street.  I can get a guaranteed 900Mb from another provider so i won't be taking my broadband with me for long if at all.  Now i have a couple of Mobile phones on BT too and yes, I know the price of those will increase by a fiver each.  That i'm not worried about.  What's really baking my noodle is the broadband..How can they get away with tying you up in it so tight?  That's just a silly question though really isn't it. You chose to go with BT Broadband and the other BT products that you use. You freely entered into a contract with BT and agreed to their Terms and Conditions so BT are not "getting away with tying you up so tight"

Second question 'A' is this:

BT can't offer me my exsisting broadband package at my new address.  I'm not willing to take anything less.  I have a contract that ends in November this year.  Is it safe to assume the disconnection fee for the broadband/landline will just be 6 months worth of payments plus a bit of admin rolled in to one?

see link about early termination fees.

Leaving BT | BT Help

Second question 'B' follows:

IF and only IF i did take BT broadband at the new address.  Would i have to take out a new 18 month contract?  because like i said I won't be getting no Halo 2 and the best they can offer me is Fibre 1.

No. Your present broadband contract's remaining term time would continue but I believe your landline phone if you have one would start a new contract. 

Third question:

Will i be able to ride out my contracts on the two mobile packages to completion even though i've cancelled the broadband.  I'm already aware of the £10 increase it will occur. Yes but as you have said, you will lose any discounts you have because of broadband.

See link

Moving Home with BT | Moving Broadband to a New Home | BT

If you call BT 0800.800.150 they should be able to answer all your questions.