cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Pricing of Halo 3 (not plus) ?

Hello,

The BT website says that Halo 3 can be added for as little as £1 extra per month, yet specific pricing does not exist. One website claims it is £7 for existing customers.

I am an existing customer that signed up a few years ago with the 330/50 package - part of this was then broken out into Halo. I am out of contract and now that the hike just went into effect, I would like to recontract. I do have the price promise.

My personal deals page always loads with an error. Reported it several times, never fixed.

I would like to get a 450 or 900 package with Halo 3. I see no way of doing this, it seems Halo 3 cannot be added at any stage of the checkout. Also I have attempted to order online in the past and it refuses to complete, perhaps because it does not work for existing customers?

Can anyone clarify how an existing customer gets Halo 3 on a new package for £1? Or how much it costs in my case?

Thanks for reading.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Pricing of Halo 3 (not plus) ?

Would you need the "Halo 3" element at all? If you can get FTTP 900Mbps, then you could go for the BT "Ultrafast Fibre 900" right?

I think someone mentioned that the website shows the package for an address if you are logged out, and the system seems to have a glitch when you are logged in. So perhaps you need to ring BT to upgrade/renew. 

It feels like a lot of the speed guarantees are already included in the Full Fibre 900 package already as far as I can make out from the website. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Try phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787  or the options team 0800800030 and see if either can help you change your contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Hi and thanks for the responses.

I'm considering Halo 3 because of the keep connected promise and the double mobile data as I also have sims with BT. Depending on price I may not take it, but I would at £1 per month.

As far as speed guarantees, I'm primarily concerned with upload, which they don't seem to guarantee anyway. I'd easily take a 300 symmetric connection over their 900 package!

I'll try contacting the FTTP team.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Hello again,

I went through the number and ended up talking to the value team, I believe it was. My experience was not good. I was offered exorbitant prices, I was told that a regular package costs more than it does with Halo 3, I was told that the prices I see on the website could not be seen by them - yet I know they exist and are standard prices reported on price comparison sites.

I was also told, when asking why a package they offered cost £20/month more than for a new customer (this was a basic package without Halo), that I did not have the price promise, which is untrue - I see it in the My BT app and in other communication I've had.

On the BT website, regarding the price promise, it states "We promise you’ll never pay more than a new customer when you renew your contract. No exceptions." The "No exceptions" is in bold.

https://www.bt.com/exp/halo

Every single price I was offered was greater than the new customer price. I explained what I saw about the price promise and how disappointing this was, and nothing was done.

Coincidentally a man from Virgin came to my house this morning trying to switch us over.

Anyway, my talks with BT were, again, quite disappointing. I spoke to two different people. Next, I went to inform the other member of my household that we were switching, and they wanted to call before doing so.

I ended up recontracting on Fibre 500 with Halo 3 for £49.99 for 24 months. It includes 1000GB of BT Cloud and the 6 month Game Pass Ultimate subscription. The prices vary between everyone I spoke to, but this price was better than what I had been offered previously.

I also want to say that near the beginning of my contract, I had communications with technical support and the people there were very helpful and understanding, they understood concepts such as latency to the router, and the issues I was having with latency spikes through wifi discs. I had a good experience with them and they solved my problems, and that's the main reason I wanted to stay.

The sales teams are another matter and almost pushed me out.

I hope others can find this experience helpful and I thank the rest of your for speaking with me.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

@Liam2349wrote:

I was also told, when asking why a package they offered cost £20/month more than for a new customer (this was a basic package without Halo), that I did not have the price promise, which is untrue - I see it in the My BT app and in other communication I've had.

On the BT website, regarding the price promise, it states "We promise you’ll never pay more than a new customer when you renew your contract. No exceptions." The "No exceptions" is in bold.

https://www.bt.com/exp/halo

Every single price I was offered was greater than the new customer price. I explained what I saw about the price promise and how disappointing this was, and nothing was done.

The price promise is for Halo promotions only, which means an existing customer will be able to get Halo at the same or lower than a new customer to BT that orders a Halo promotion.
You've compared a 'basic package without Halo' to your renewal which isn't the price guarantee.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

The wording of the guarantee is quite simple and the bolded "no exceptions" seems to make it clear enough.

First of all, it is advertised that Halo 3 can be added for as little as £1 per month - nobody would tell me how this worked or who could take advantage of it.

My comparisons were for equivalent packages, such as basic Fibre 500 for me vs. a new customer, and the options they would give me were always more expensive.

You can say what you like about the terms, but I would point back again to the bolded "no exceptions" and say it is a clear enough promise.

Message 8 of 14

@Liam2349wrote:

First of all, it is advertised that Halo 3 can be added for as little as £1 per month - nobody would tell me how this worked or who could take advantage of it.

You can say what you like about the terms, but I would point back again to the bolded "no exceptions" and say it is a clear enough promise.

You could say the same about these 2 lines in your post, you're harping on about it but in the terms it says FROM £1 doesn't mean it has to be £1

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

That's just one of the points, which I mentioned as every representative deflected from the question and that made me trust them less. I never expected to get Halo 3 for £1 - I simply asked, to three different representatives, who it applies to, and they would not answer.

This isn't my complaint with the price promise anyway. This part could be based on several factors which is why I was asking about it.

When I asked to take out a basic fibre 500 package, which is £44.99 per month with the first three months at half price, their best offer was £64.99.

I was given similarly ludicrous figures for other packages and was repeatedly lied to as explained previously.

This is a clear violation of the price promise and you two don't need to keep defending them.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

I had a similar experience with pricing and packages, three different upgrade offers across, online, online chat and the "real human" telephone conversation.  There doesn't appear to be any logic to it at all. If I hadn't screen grabbed the online offers, I honestly don't think the person on the phone would have believed I was telling the truth. Products should be priced and pitched at the same level across all three contact options. That the person on the phone was unable to upgrade me to the same package as the website was offering, is just plain daft. 

0 Ratings