cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Pricing of Halo 3 (not plus) ?

@Liam2349wrote:

This is a clear violation of the price promise and you two don't need to keep defending them.

If it was wrong I'd say so, you're comparing apples to oranges though, the price promise is a Halo package promise that only shows on the Halo pages and you're comparing non-Halo promotions, if you read www.bt.com/halo it clearly states :

You get more when you have
BT Halo

Never pay more than a new customer with our price promise

We promise you’ll never pay more than a new
customer when you renew your contract.

No exceptions.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Yes I see what it says. Never pay more than a new customer, no exceptions. (Emphasis BT's)

Given that I had Halo already, I should not have been offered higher prices on any packages vs. a new customer.

If your argument is that i would lose halo by going to a basic package, I see this argument as invalid, since I had Halo at the time of purchasing.

If you disagree with this, we are at an impasse, and at least this will serve as information to those viewing the forum.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

@Liam2349wrote:

Yes I see what it says. Never pay more than a new customer, no exceptions. (Emphasis BT's)

An existing customer will never pay more than a new customer for a Halo package.

@Liam2349wrote:

Given that I had Halo already, I should not have been offered higher prices on any packages vs. a new customer.

No, any Halo packages, BT sell cheaper packages without Halo benefits.
Compare your Halo renewal to a new customer signing up to Halo, you'll pay the same or less, never more.

@Liam2349wrote:

If your argument is that i would lose halo by going to a basic package, I see this argument as invalid, since I had Halo at the time of purchasing.

It's not an argument, I'm trying to help you understand and of course you'd lose Halo benefits by moving to another package, you'd no longer be a Halo customer then, if you change the package you get the benefits with your new offer and lose any benefits from your old package.
If I join BT and take the VIP TV package, I can then downgrade but I'd lose the extra content, I couldn't exactly say I want to keep them as I had VIP at the time of purchasing, it's the same with broadband packages.

@Liam2349wrote:

If you disagree with this, we are at an impasse, and at least this will serve as information to those viewing the forum.

It seems we are but in the several years I've been a member here, I've helped thousands and you're the only one who doesn't seem to understand what the Halo promise is, we've tried to help you and answer your questions but you still keep comparing apples to oranges.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

So glad I found this thread!

Having the exact same confusion (and difficulty renewing), all be it a year later than OP.

At best this is poorly marketed and so I’m going to pursue a complaint.

IMO, in reply above; the Guru makes two huge “leaps” in the defence.

A) He adds words that dont exist in the T&Cs;

An existing customer will never pay more than a new customer for a Halo package.

B) He makes reference to a comparison that isn’t possible; a new customer isn’t offered Halo 3 at initial sale (only exhorbitant 3+) and the website has no transparent pricing, at best describing a minimum option of £1 a month

Compare your Halo renewal to a new customer signing up to Halo, you'll pay the same or less, never more.

0 Ratings