cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Problem Moving Home

We have just moved to a rental property. I had ordered on Thu 26th May for a cessation of service at our old address on 1st June and for the same services (line rental and Halo) to be at our rental property. Was told new service would be turned up on Fri 10th June but we would have a mini hub until then.

Now of course the old service ceased precisely on 1st June. After numerours problems with the mini hub (which is not the topic of this note) I rang again on Wednesday morning to complain about it. Whilst in conversation with a helpful person from Waterford, he said that there was a problem with my order. Apparently it had been cancelled the day before and someone should be ringing me to talk about this.

He transferred me to the ordering team and a new order was raised with a turn up of "as soon as possible", which later in the day turned out to be Wed 22nd June. I rang in to complain about this and somewone said they would escalate and ring me back at 11am today. Still waiting and it's almost 12 noon.

Aaaagh, this is brining back memories of 2016 when I tried over many months to go from ADSL to Infinity.

Can someone please help?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problem Moving Home

do you know if the people in the rented property before you left were moving to another property and also moving their broadband and phone package to new address as this would cause your order to fail.  similar other posts on the forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

The previous people moved about 4 miles away but I don't know what package they had. Also they moved out of the property about 3 weeks before we moved in so I'd assume any service they had would have been transferred by then. The note on the "Track my Order" said that I'd cancelled it which is not true.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I did get a phone call yesterday and the person's manager had said my rearranged order could not be expedited.

Is there a way to get this escalated higher in BT rather than ringing 150 again?

0 Ratings