cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Problem with an upgrade offer - long saga

Back in January I got an offer for an upgrade form Halo3 to Halo 3+ for an additional £2 per month. I phoned in to take up the offer as the link didn't work. However the agent taking the call ordered "Halo3 with Complete Wi-Fi" and not Halo3+. I was after the Hybrid Connect so needed Halo3+.  Lots of problems in changing the order and had to wait for the order to "clear" before they could re-order. I had no contact from BT and had to keep phoning to find where it was. The order for Halo3+ was then placed however I had previously been on a deal getting "My Anytime calls" for under £3pm. The original incorrect order carried this forward but the replacement order didn't and I'm now on "Pay as you go" and ended up paying  for all my calls. I've since been told that I will have to pay £20pm for "My Anytime calls" or the current equivalent. That is way over the upgrade of £2 pm I ordered. I've chased this up but haven't heard anything in spite of me sending repeated emails to my previous contact. Now waiting on call transcripts and other details before raising a complaint unless anyone on here can help. Please !

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problem with an upgrade offer - long saga

were you dealing with the options team on 0800800030 or somewhere else?

calls are no longer included in your package and are now add-on extras

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Apologies for posting in wrong section.

I originally phoned in on just the 0800 800151 number - not aware of any other numbers. I spoke to many teams on this and kept getting passed around but it wasn't until one advisor gave me an email address that I got anywhere with getting the Halo3+ ordered. I have tried this person again but have got no response to my previous 2 emails (over a week ago now).

Issue was it was an upgrade I ordered, not a complete new package  and the call package was supposed to be carried forward. It was original carried forward but with  the wrong Halo package. It appears that my complete package has been totally cancelled - not with my agreement - and re-ordered and I've lost the previous call package offer.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I suggest you phone the options team who should be able to help sort your new package  an upgrade in package will require a new contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I will try thank you - I presume on 0800800030

I have spoken to them before and they did sort out one of the other issues, but I've spoken to so many teams and individuals I'm no longer sure who did what - waiting on copies of my calls.

Seems such a simple thing to correct an order, but two months and wanting an additional £20pm when original offer was £2pm isn't great.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Well, I phoned 0800800030 and got the options team, but after spending 10 minutes explaining got passed to the Value Team who also couldn't help. They just told me that my old package was no longer available and I would have to pay around £20 pm to get all calls included. They wouldn't accept it was an ordering problem and that BT have changed my package without asking me or checking with me first.

I've now raised a complaint and will see how that goes. I'm about to add all the details and see what happens. Suspect it will end up with a deadlock letter and going to OFCOM/Communications Ombudsman.

Would be good to get further advice from here first if possible.

Thanks

0 Ratings