cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Quoted broadband speed

I am looking to renew my contract that ends in June.

I am currently on Fibre Halo 1. (39-44 Download (36Mbps Guarantee) 11-12 Upload)

Looking at MY BT, the options available are Fibre Halo 3 and Fibre Halo 3+

Fibre Halo 3 is quoted at 39-44 Download (36 Mbps  Guarantee) 11-12 Upload

I understand that Halo 3 is faster but what I cannot understand is why I cannot continue with Fibre 1. No option is given for this on the web site.

However if I go on as a new customer, Fibre 1 is the ONLY option given, but the speeds quoted are as follows:

32-36 Download (29 Mbps Guarantee) 8-9 Upload. How can these be different to what I am already getting?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Quoted broadband speed

I think, that Halo 1-3 is about support you get.  It has no relevance to speed - that is Fibre 1 or Fibre2, and even those are misnomers as the fibre stops somewhere down the road (in a cabinet) and toddles to your home on copper (or, in my case, aluminium).  Mine has been very reliable and I see no need to pay to have the Halo toys - which are a tacit confession that the service might not be reliable.  

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

PS I have just renewed my contract on Fibre 1, no Halo.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@gspearsonwrote:

It has no relevance to speed - that is Fibre 1 or Fibre2

Halo packages are the same SLT or greater as Fibre 2, so it will have a speed benefit if the line supports it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

typo - I'm on Fibre 2
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I have also renewed my contract from Fibre 1 Halo  with landline, to Fibre 1, No halo and no landline. Broadband same speed guaranteed as before  and price drop from £ 42.39/mth. to £25.99/mth.

The operative said that as I was already on Halo, I couldn't downgrade to a non Halo package. Because of information from this site I was able to say he was talking rubbish. Very happy now.

0 Ratings