cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Re: Cancelled My BT Broadband Package But Still Being Billed

I cancelled BT about two months ago after about 10 years I’ve contacted them multiple times to confirm my cancellation and my new provider also made contact and yet they are still trying to bill me! Contacted them online and they said I owe nothing but I still keep getting bills I have cancelled the direct debit and they are threatening to report me to credit agency what more can I do , I’ve been in touch 4 times to confirm cancellation 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

BT keep billing me

I can’t get BT to stop billing me, I’ve been in touch with them over 5 times filled out cancellation forms etc but the bills keep coming they agreed that I should cancel the direct debit as I owe nothing but today I have an overdue email saying there’s an extra £7.50 late payment charge and they are threatening to report to credit agency! What can I do to stop them billing me I am at my wits end. I have been with a different supplier for two months now after over 10 years with BT and this is how thy treat me

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: BT keep billing me

That sounds like the monthly  amount for BT Premium mail, if you said wanted to keep your BT email address to use on mobile apps.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

No apparently it’s a late payment charge they want to charge me the usual £54 on top of that I keep getting in touch to remind them I’ve cancelled but I keep getting bills , surely they can’t report my credit rating for money I don’t owe

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers and will not be able to deal with any issues relating to your account.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators, who may offer to help.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Bluenose81, sorry you've continued to be billed after you've left us. Get in touch using the 'Message now' option on this page: Broadband | BT Help and one of our guides will check and ensure your account has been closed and a final bill will follow shortly.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hello, I don’t owe a final bill i left two months ago and they continue to bill me, I’ve done the message now to contact BT 5 times for over 8 hours! One minute they think I owe them £50 ish next minute I don’t, then I do again! Eventually I got through to a manager who also started the conversation with I owe this much then backtracked to I owe nothing and eventually I’ve been told they will stop billing me ( although I’ve already been told this 4 times) the thing that got me was the threat to refer to credit agency! Outrageous 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Bluenose81, I'm sure that the account has now been closed and a final bill will be issued to correct your charges. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to check it has been done for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings