cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Re: Locked into HALO 3+ SCAM - BT state that I am unable to downgrade or reduce costs?

Go to solution

I am having the exact same issue trying to change my father in laws package. I don't know how he ended up on such an expensive broadband deal for a shocking 23mb in the first place with halo and complete wifi its over £90 a month with a very basic TV package. Three months ago I called up and was told I needed to wait until 1 month from contract end, a week ago I was told its no problem to drop halo but I need to wait until the contract has expired to see the deal on the account and today now that the contract has expired I was told online this is fine but I need to call. Having called I am told without leaving and returning as a new customer I can get rid of Halo regardless of returning kit etc. It's shocking customer service and a terrible way to treat a pensioner especially as they were a long term BT employee prior to retirement.

Options were:

1) Pay over the odd by around £20 per month compared to a new customer and keep Halo which he does not need and should not have been sold in the first place

2) Leave BT and rejoin at the new customer price but lose his landline number which he has had for over 40 years

3) Port the number to a competitor

It's a shocking way to treat any customer. You should not be forced to keep a service you no longer want once you are out of contract. If any advisor can help with this it would be much appreciated. If this is not able to be remedied I'd be inclined to complain to the ombudsman as it's a predatory scam in my honest opinion. 

Neal 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Locked into HALO 3+ SCAM - BT state that I am unable to downgrade or reduce costs?

Go to solution

I moved your post to your own thread so you can get replies to your problem and not confused with other thread originator

Have you tried phoning the options team on 0800800030 and see what you can negotiate making sure you are shown as account manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you for moving the post. I spoke to someone on 150 earlier who basically said they understood my point but couldn’t offer a solution. Is the number you recommended a different team who maybe able to help? Ironically the chap I spoke to was from the ‘value’ team or so he told me…

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@nealw the number @imjolly posted is for the retentions team who generally have access to the best deals to save you as a customer. If you give them a call they may be able to help, there should be no reason why you can't downgrade from a Halo 3+ package when the minimum term has finished. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@nealw - How did you get on with Retentions? I found they were absolutely useless and would not budge at all. Apparently it is a new directive from above and even the staff were frustrated.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately they wouldn’t budge and are happy to overcharge a pensioner and ex employee. My FIL showed far more loyalty that they did to be honest as an ex employee and customer of 40 years. He is tied to a halo package he doesn’t need. I’m personally with BT on a good deal but after the way they have treated him, I’ll look elsewhere at the end of my contract on principle. Thanks everyone for your help, frankly I hope BT get taken to task on this and ultimately lose custom from their practices. Thanks everyone Neal 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi, @nealw Thanks for updating the thread. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to get that looked into.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @nealw,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me and for replying to my private messages.

I am very happy that the order for Full Fibre has gone through today and at a price that both you are your Father in law are happy with.

Take care and have a great day.

Thanks
DanielS