cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Moving House

@Nickverwood  I'm deaf, I cannot 'phone. However, to bypass the ill-informed phone support, you can organise the home move on-line in your MyBT account.

I used this service and found it absolutely spot on without any changes to my contract expiry date. 

Moving home with BT 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Hi Carlusha - yes, I thought this would be the easiest option too and this is how I started the process, but unfortunately after I had filled out all the details  I got a screen saying I needed to call them.

This was also how I saw that you could continue your existing contract as this was one of the options to choose. Maybe I was just unlucky and did something wrong. Hopefully others are more lucky and can arrange it as you did. But a good tip to others to try this first , thanks

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Hi, had similar issue a few weeks back - 6 months left on contract. I wanted to continue with contract and see what was available at a later date. was told could not do that so, to avoid any uncertainty decided to sign new contract. Left a bad taste, i.e. we've got you by the short and curlies. Good luck

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

@Nickverwoodwrote:

Hi Carlusha - yes, I thought this would be the easiest option too and this is how I started the process, but unfortunately after I had filled out all the details  I got a screen saying I needed to call them.

Oh, I forgot to mention, since we only moved 500 yards, we were able to keep our 'phone number although that took 3 weeks to port. They gave us one of those wee 4g thingies that was brilliant! Another 200 yards and we would have been out of the FTTC area!

Mind you, all this was done without a phone call! I have RelayUK but the operator won't hold on as it is too long a wait for support to take the call.

0 Ratings