cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re: New deals not available to exsting customers

it seems no-one was listening as nothing has changed. Just called to re-negotiate-I am not in a contract so can leave anytime. Best offer-after some horsetrading- was approx £50 a month when new customers are offered the same for £35. I am paying  around £80 now. Been with BT as a business customer in the past and as a personal customer for a long time, broadband/landline and mobile. No e-mail address to complain to and don't fancy waiting in a call queue to complain. Anyone got any suggestions?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Vodafone
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@stella19  - was the new £50 offer to stay with BT or be forced to move to EE?

I am in very similar situation and they won’t even give me a quote to stay with BT - stating that I have to move to EE as that is the only way that the price can be reduced. BUT….it still doesn’t match or come close to the deals for a new customer.

It appears the policy of BT is to entice new sign ups only and then totally forget about existing customers like you and me…..hoping they either take the £50 offer, or get so frustrated that they continue paying £80 and stay out of contract. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I've found with secveral providers that when out of contract the best deals can be found by going in to completely cancel.

If you ask for a deal then it implies you don't want to leave.

@stella19wrote:

it seems no-one was listening as nothing has changed. Just called to re-negotiate-I am not in a contract so can leave anytime. Best offer-after some horsetrading- was approx £50 a month when new customers are offered the same for £35. I am paying  around £80 now. Been with BT as a business customer in the past and as a personal customer for a long time, broadband/landline and mobile. No e-mail address to complain to and don't fancy waiting in a call queue to complain. Anyone got any suggestions?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

I wasn't given a choice re moving to EE. I was told only the business customers would stay BT and everyone else come under EE. I am going to call them back and ask for my 'offer' in writing so I can think it over. I am not sure if it was an offer comparable to my current package or different. Seems, from other posts on here, existing customers are never offered a reduced package- ie always Halo with the add ons. Will keep you posted.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@stella19 - being unable to stay with BT as an existing customer is a complete joke. Especially when you can still go online and sign up as a new customer, taking out a 24 month contract with BT.

Under ‘My offers’ you could also sign up today for a new contract with BT, but the prices are inflated. I received a quote on the telephone to move to EE (despite my objections) and the advisor offered to email all the details to me - 2 weeks later and nothing received. Phoned up again and the call notes have no record of the quote. So good luck with getting anything in writing from BT.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Oh great!
0 Ratings