cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Sky still charging me after switching to BT

Go to solution

We were still in the cooling off period of the new contract, so there shouldn't of been any termination fees.

I'll chase it up with Sky and message again if we have any joy 🙂 thanks for all the help!!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution
"We were still in the cooling off period of the new contract, so there shouldn't of been any termination fees."

Do you mean by this that you were still in the cooling off period for the new BT contract?
If so, this has no bearing at all on the early termination fee that you have been charged by Sky. Your mother's contract with Sky can't have been in the cooling off period, given that you say you'd been with Sky for some time, but didn't like the yearly price increases (which unfortunately seem to be a feature of all broadband provider "fixed price" contracts)
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Hi,

I believe she'd initially accepted the new increased sky contract but then decided she didn't like the yearly price bullying, so cancelled it all and just set up the broadband with BT.

We just spoke to Sky again to argue there shouldn't of been an early cancellation fee. They finally agreed, cancelled the debt and for some reason even said we were owed £28.45 🤗

So in the end all is well. Thank you for the community and all the responses, it helped guide us in the right direction!!

Craig

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution
Ahh...I see. Good result!
0 Ratings