cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Re new my package

Go to solution

Hi guys, sorry if I sound stupid. I want re new the broadband package for another 24 months. My present contract ends on the 23.1.22 I was going to put the new start date a few days before, to get the maximum contract time. Will this be enough time to set it up? Also do I have to be at the house on the day it the new contract  to do anything? Many thanks 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Re new my package

Go to solution

if you want to renew your contract then phone options team 0800800030 and see what they have to offer and if you are happy then renew if not try again in couple of days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

A couple of days is plenty time if you are only renewing and you do not need to be at home. It is only a paper exercise.

Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@PollittFCIIwrote:

I was going to put the new start date a few days before, to get the maximum contract time. Will this be enough time to set it up?

Any renewal will start midnight the next working day, so you have plenty of time but if the billing cycle runs you might get billed the out of contract price, you'd then see a pro-rata refund on the bill after at the new rate, BT bill in advance.
You can ask the advisor to set the start date in the future, if the deal is the same then it won't really make any difference.

@PollittFCIIwrote:

Also do I have to be at the house on the day it the new contract  to do anything? Many thanks 

If you're renewing like for like, then you don't need to do anything, it's a simple change of promotion on BT's billing system.

Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@PollittFCII 

If you still require a phone service, then make sure that is included in the renewal, otherwise you will lose it.  You may also find that your phone service will be moved over to BT Digital Voice.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/BT-Digital-Voice-a-better-way-to-keep-in-to...

Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks for your reply. Do you mean if I re new now and put the start date a few days before the other ends it will start from today? Not sure what you mean!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Not sure of the point in renewing contract any more, the out of contract price is the same as the renewal price and you are not locked in for 2 years.

Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

Not sure of the point in renewing contract any more, the out of contract price is the same as the renewal price and you are not locked in for 2 years.

Only on Halo plans is there no out of contract increase, all other packages will be £8 more per month or more depending on when the contract was renewed.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

As it seems pretty much impossible not to have some form of Halo package these days, that seems a rather moot point.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

As it seems pretty much impossible not to have some form of Halo package these days, that seems a rather moot point.

There's still plenty folk on non Halo packages, myself included on my old Infinity 2 now Fibre 2 package, a lot got free Halo upgrades but it's not the mainstream just yet.