cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Received Delivery SMS To The Wrong Mobile Number

Go to solution

In relation to my recent thread re. supply of a SH2 router, I have received an SMS regarding delivery ... but the SMS was sent to a mobile number that is no longer registered with my BT account! (It was my original - work - mobile number that I first registered with my BT account, but this was changed to my personal mobile number many years ago when I got a personal mobile phone). Note: I believe the SMS is genuine as it lists a delivery date/time for the SH2 that concurs with the tracking I received via email.

My reason for raising this query is that I am retiring at the end of this week and my work phone will be returned, hence I'll no longer have access to that number ... if BT send further SMS to that number (in error) then I'll not receive them. (Note that the work mobile number is not visible to me in my account thus I am unable to fix this myself).

Can a mod pick this up and resolve please? (Sorry but I don't trust online chat to be able to handle something as subtle as this).

Apologies if this is in the wrong board - I couldn't see which one was most-relevant.

Edit: I've also just now received an SMS to the correct mobile number.

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Received Delivery SMS To The Wrong Mobile Number

Go to solution

Hi @siteguru, sorry you received a notification to a mobile number that you soon will lose access to in the future.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll ensure it's removed from your account.

Cheers

John

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks John - PM reply sent.

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @siteguru Thanks for speaking with me this afternoon, I've removed your work mobile number from our records.

Cheers

Neil