cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Recent Price Increase.

Hello,

I am new here and would like your thoughts on how the new price increase has been applied on my account since 31st March 2022

Prior to the 31st March 2022 I was paying £ 15.66 for Calling Plan and £ 3.00 for Broadband, a total of £ 18.66 per quarter.

Since 31st March, on my lastest bill dated 15 April 2022 I am being charged £17.10 for Calling Plan and £ 8.85 for Broadband, a total of £25.95 per quarter.

Whilst the increase to the Calling Plan is correct there appears something amiss with the Broadband increase. As you can see it is almost three times what I was paying, an increase of nearly 300% where I was expecting a maximum increase of 9.3%.

I have Line rental saver paid in advance and a discount on the BB package. I think these discounts have not been applied correctly.

Can you also advise if the email consumer-resolutionteam@bt.com is valid as I was advised to email my complaint to them bt BT Billing but I have had no response since 15th April.

Look forward to your help.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Recent Price Increase.

The line rental saver will be causing the difference, the price increase will have been added onto the full price including line rental then the same 19.99 you've paid upfront for will be getting taken off the new price, you've not paid anymore line rental in advance so the discounts will be correct

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the info.

But surely when Line Rental has been paid in advance for the year there should be no increase and nothing more to pay.

This didn't happen in previous years.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Yes, you pay a set amount for line rental in advance & they take a set amount off your bill for the next year. There is no increase in line rental, you're still getting the same discount (19.99) you were on it previously just the overall cost has went up, they can't take more off your bill for line rental each month as you've not paid more in advance on the line rental saver

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

What BT is doing is treating line rental as a fixed cost element of the total broadband package so that it remains at £19.99 monthly for the foreseeable future.

It's basically a way of making the LRS less attractive in future years.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Your price change goes against the base price of your package, the cost before any discounts are applied.

Let's say for example you have the following :

Broadband and line = £40
Broadband loyalty discount = -£10
Line rental saver = -£19.99

Total to pay £10.01

The price increase of 9.3% means your bill looks like this :

Broadband and line = £43.72
Broadband loyalty discount = -£10
Line rental saver = -£19.99

Total to pay £13.73

0 Ratings