cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Recently ordered Full fibre

Sorry for the rubbish res on photo, BT doesn't like big photos! 

BT3jpg.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

MDU ( multi dwelling units ) can be less straightforward than SDU ( single dwelling units ) , your KCI2 status is why it’s a 2 stage install ( that in itself is odd for an MDU ) , so the first stage tech may be a little unsure what’s required with this unusual situation , hopefully they will contact you on the first visit date , but often as it’s just a case of getting service to the building wall and leaving the remaining work for the second stage tech , contacting the end user isn’t always necessary on a first stage .

Because the LOS light is lit , it’s a reasonable assumption that the fibre to your flat isn’t spliced through to the splitter but where is that ‘splice’ required ?, as it’s a MDU , it  could be an internal splitter or external splitter , there could be fibre distribution points inside the building that the first or second stage tech needs access to , to get your fibre spliced through to the splitter ( wherever it is ) , unless the tech is familiar with that building, or you or the building manager know these locations, it could be a problem.
Normally with new builds , all this ‘splicing’ work is done before anyone moves in , but for some reason your flat wasn’t done , if you are prepared to ask , it may be worthwhile asking if your neighbours are connected and using FTTP , and if they are aware of any issues the OR tech may encounter .

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

I guess I will play it by ear on the day, Thanks for the info.

Its all abit more clearer now, There was me thinking it'll be pretty straight forward.

Fingers crossed the engineers don't have to much trouble. 

Thanks again

J

0 Ratings