cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Renew broadband - offer looks too good and seems to be

Go to solution

Anyone confirm this before I call them to discuss?

So I've got an offer to renew my broadband for 24 months at the current price - which is a good price already.

But when I choose to do it is then says I've got to add a payable calling plan. The one I have is £0 and we don't have a phone connected.

There is also no mention of tv which I also have at a good price - and I suspect that will get auto renewed at the standard price and my offer to keepv same price is likely to cost double.

Any ideas?   Lines are currently closed.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Renew broadband - offer looks too good and seems to be

Go to solution

So I called and it seems it was an online catch.

Eventually got the deal I wanted and with a lower tv contract too - but now switched to EE account.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@ozsat 

As you are now an EE customer, in future you will need to post on the EE forum https://community.ee.co.uk/

EE are a separate company within the BT Group.

https://www.bt.com/about/bt/our-brands

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I've posted about this previously as my contract ends in November.

My very first post on these forums years ago was about BT attempting to get me to renew early for a higher price. Something they repeated at the next renewal. This time round they've been trying to lure me into Halo for months, which would double the price. And that's without Hybrid Connect, as I have no signal.

Then a couple of months ago, maybe more, I got an email to say I could renew  at the same price. But like you, the reality was that the "same price" was without  telephony, which they wanted another £3 for. So the "same price" is actually 11% higher, with a further 10% due in March.

I did make one call to retentions & after 30 minutes subjected to overly loud "music", spoke to someone about it. They went away for 10 minutes, supposedly to speak to a manager, & came back with exactly the same offer. So I'll be leaving next month.

Last renewal the Mods helped me get a deal, but they appear to have become victims of BT's cost cutting. The current business model seems to be continually push prices ever higher, while simultaneously removing what little support was available. New customer prices fluctuate constantly, but I've seen them recently exceed those of Zen, one of the very best ISPs!

Edit: Your subsequent post just goes to highlight the horrendous inconsistency.