cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Renewal Cost frustrations

moving to VOIP will, as previously stated, end the connection there & then.

Hmm, Ok, so thats a bit of a pickle then. 
Let's throw a spanner in the work's. Let us say BT offered a renewal price that is something I am more than happy with but may be BB only. How would I go about retaining the number then ?

Honestly I do not understand why voice was removed from copper lines. I think all we ever asked for was to be able to have BB without the need to have a landline rental also.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

@Macstabz 

I think the process you are looking for is called “renumber and export”, but don’t hold me to it.

I would suggest Googling to see if that fits your needs as there is information on it in other ISPs help files. 

I’m not convinced that answers the contract questions, just the VoIP process.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

@stereohaven Hey,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have had a bit of a brief look around but still cannot find anything that actually helps address my concern's .
I still end up at the same conclusion that if I port it to voip before its cancelled it cancels my connection (which in turn could cause issues in getting the new one set up im assuming) and if I were to wait or say renew without voice, and wait, from what I have found so far, I basically lose it.

So from what I have found so far, I have to essentially break my connection to retain control... o.O what kind of a messed up setup is this lol.

Message 14 of 14

Well, there is at least a little good news.

After another call and speaking to a very helpful lady in Newcastle in cancellations, she was able to offer me FTTP 500Mb only for £34.99 or FTTP 500mb with digital voice for £37.99, which is even better than the website for new customers.

Given the state of number migrations right now and the lack of info, I have gone for the latter, will record a custom voice message, and set up remote access to my mail box so I can do away with the phone.

To stress all this while staying 100% on BT and not touching EE with any kind of pole or anything. So a good result on this occasion it would appear.
I just hope that the next 2 years is enough time for the industry to get their act together so I can port my number out easier without losing broadband etc etc, or the other way around without losing the number and being able to port it easily.

0 Ratings