cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Renewing a BB & Landline Call Package Contract.

Go to solution

My contract is up in 60-days. I've been prompted to 'RENEW NOW'.
Questions ?
Does the new contract start immediately ?
Alternatively. Does the new contract seamlessly continue, from the end of the current contract, in 60-days ?

Cheers !
Quizzical 1.png

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Renewing a BB & Landline Call Package Contract.

Go to solution

New contract will start now.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

The new contract would start at midnight the following working day from when the order is raised, any previous contract/discounts would be removed and replaced with the new deal.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Is that something that has changed then? In the past I've been able to specify an activation date for my new contract, and have just chosen the expiry date of my old contract - and it's worked just fine.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Just confirming that yesterday, when I renewed my contract, I was able to arrange for it to start from the expiry date (still more than a couple of months away) of my old contract.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Just be aware that you now have an open order which doesn't close for 60 days which means the BT system cannot process any other orders in the meantime.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks, I was unaware of that. I'm highly unlikely to want to order anything else, so I guess it shouldn't matter. 'Track your order' on my account actually says 'Order complete'.

I did rather bizarrely get an email today reminding me that my broadband contract is ending and now is the last chance to claim my renewal offer before my broadband contract ends, I'm not sure what that's all about.

It sounds like the BT systems are a bit antiquated!

0 Ratings