cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Repeated Account Security Lockout

Hello,

Every few days or every week or so, when I try to enter My BT via website or app, I get a message saying that suspicious activity has been detected with my ‘email’ and so I have been locked out.

Each time I have to reset my password. Each time it takes me through two factor authentication (and usually fails with an error of: something went wrong).

This isn’t a scam, it’s just logging into BT in the usual way; and my ‘email’ is my email, not a BT email address so there is no way that BT would know at all anything about my ‘email’.

Could, perhaps, pretty please, one of the mods look into why this keeps randomly happening and have someone fix it? It’s obviously a bug — there is no real security issue, and I’m pretty security conscious and very IT focussed, so I don’t say that lightly — and it’s just annoying having to ‘again’ reset my password just to look at my bill or whatever.

And if it is actually a security issue on BT’s side? Then why is it? Because I am never alerted that my two factor authentication has been triggered by anyone but myself… so it’s not like anyone is ‘actually’ getting into my account… just a darn nuisance being told SECURITY THREAT! When it’s obviously just DODGY BUGGY ANNOYING.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Repeated Account Security Lockout

I had a recent instance of this. Only thing i could pin it down with a guess was using apple icloud private relay across three devices in quick succession. Three devices using safari, that would show same account three different ip in quick succession. 

been good since my last lock out and keep the login to the apps on mobile and desktop normal login.

but that could be a coincidence………

i cannot separate mybt from email password either. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

So it’s not just me.

This has been driving me crazy for weeks. It will suddenly stop and be fine for a few weeks and then start again. Haven’t managed to get any ideas yet on its cause 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I should add that unless I went back in via the correct id check page it would let me in mybt then drop me back out as soon as my Apple  mail client tried to log back in with the new password.

Finding that correct authorise check wasn't always available.

0 Ratings