cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Repeatedly delayed activation date

I was wondering whether anyone knows anything about how orders can get stuck in Openreach’s system?

My internet was due to start about two weeks ago (having ordered it at the end of June) but it never activated. I’ve been calling BT regularly since but they can’t provide an answer.

At first they said it was an open exception and the order got stuck and I just had to wait for it to progress but no one seems to explain what this means or why it’s not working. Openreach keep delaying the date they say it’ll be fixed by. At first they said 18th, then 20th, then 24th and now I hear today they are saying 26th. The man at BT can’t seem to explain what the problem is.

does anyone have an insight into what might be happening here and how long Openreach can delay for?

I wish I’d never switched to BT. I thought I had bad service with my last provider but at least they got me online in a week!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Repeatedly delayed activation date

when you switched to BT did you notify your previous ISP you were leaving or did you just apply to BT and let BT notify your existing ISP - the latter being the correct way unless you were with virgin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Thank you for replying so fast.

I didn’t tell my old provider (not virgin), just placed an order with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

are you porting your existing phone number to BT and moving to digital voice?

what broadband package have you ordered

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Nope no phone number, broadband only, no digital voice. 

I ordered broadband only fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

is it fibre to your home FTTP or fibre to the street cab and then copper to your home FTTC

which did you have with existing ISP

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Fibre to cabinet. 

There is more context which might be important - I moved house and did a home move with my old provider. However they did this odd thing where they cancelled my order for internet, phoned me to tell me they had cancelled it, and then asked me to place a new order. They did this last time I moved and to be fair to them the second order then worked fine and got me online within a week, but because I had had problems with their service reliability since I decided just to move to BT as the previous people living here had BT and told us the connection was good. So I placed an order with BT.

so technically I never had internet in this house with my old provider 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

I think that is where the problem is as not only are you moving ISP you are also moving your home address.  it may also be the people in the house prior to you have ported there number and that could delay your ability to get a broadband connection

Message 9 of 16

I’m pretty sure they did port their number actually so maybe that is it.

I thought ordering broadband only might get around that issue  but I guess not!

Do you have any insight re how quickly openreach would usually sort that kind of problem out? It sounds like it should be a relatively easy fix and one thing that’s been confusing me is why they keep delaying by 24h to 48h each time.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

I think mod help would be best idea as moving home and ISP at same time is causing real problems.  there is a similar post with similar problems

mods will post here

0 Ratings