cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Repeatedly delayed activation date

Hi @KirstyLeah and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about your order. I'm sure I can help with this. I'll need a few details so please check you inbox for my message and drop me over a reply with the details. Thanks also to @imjolly for bringing this to my attention.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

I wanted to give BT one last shot at fixing this but I still have no internet, still have no proper explanation, and keep getting these 24-48hour promises which don’t materialise. It’s been a month of this now.

So I have sent you a message.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Hi @KirstyLeah

Thank you for posting back and for sending the message to David.

I am sorry for the delay with your order.  Once you get to the top of the queue one of the guys will pick up and give you a hand until you're up and running.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Thanks. Still no internet.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Now been told that they won’t even know when my next activation date is until after Monday 14 august. 

Does anyone know if I can use the compensation money for not having internet for so long to pay the fee to leave my BT contract early? 

I know some providers like gigaclear and virgin don’t use openreach: if I start trying to get set up with them now and somehow BT gets my internet running before they do, can I use all the compensation I’ve accrued to pay the early cancellation fee?

I have had so many activation dates which have failed I just don’t trust BT to get me internet anymore.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

@KirstyLeah 

Any compensation owed, would not be paid until your BT service is activated. Compensation is paid back via your BT bills.

0 Ratings