cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Returned EE hybrid however lost proof and am being charged

Hello,

I had changed addresses in July and had to wait for about a month till my BT broadband started at the new house. During that time I got sent an EE hybrid (which I have to say had atrocious coverage and kept disconnecting) and used it till the broadband was fully set up. I received 2 return kits by the beginning of August for some reason even though there was no change to my Smart Hub and thus sent back the EE hybrid at the end of August in the EE prepaid kit I got. There was one for EE returns and one for BT returns but apparently doesn’t make a difference because they both go to the same distribution centre. However, I have just received a message saying the package hasn’t been received yet and i will be getting charged £63. I have rang CS twice already but no matter what, they want a proof of postage which I don’t even think I got and can’t find anyway. I have seen that it’s not an uncommon thing to happen which just makes me even more anxious. Going to the post office also seems like a dead end.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Returned EE hybrid however lost proof and am being charged

Posts like this have been a  regular on these forums for literally years. Generally the only resolution was via the forum Moderators, but they've been laid off. Maybe RM lost it, maybe BT didn't scan it as received, maybe there's been an issue around the two return packages. But in BT's defence, for all they know it's still sitting in your draw.

I'm afraid that without proof of posting or at least a record of the tracking number, you're likely screwed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Returned EE hybrid however lost proof and am being charged

@kajoozle31 - Last time I returned a router and set top box to BT, I tracked the parcel and it was delivered to BT within 3 days. BT continued to state that I was going to be charged for the equipment as I hadn't returned it.

I gave CS a call and they admitted that they had a warehouse full of returned items and a massive backlog. The honest advisor also stated that a lot of bags are torn opened without the serial numbers of the BT equipment being scanned.

Call again and just keep trying if you get no joy. Always be polite and just stand your ground.

In future make sure you track absolutely everything and keep records, take pictures, even record yourself placing the items in the bag. It's a joke these days, but unfortunately there are too many others manipulating the system for a quick buck and causing doubt to be cast against the honest few.

0 Ratings