cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Returning smart hub 2

We've cancelled our BT contract. We were with them for over a decade. We received the email asking us to return the smart hub 2 and wifi-disc. The disc was sent to us in 2020, so that needs to be returned.

But the smart hub was sent before December 2019, as was the Youview box. We weren't asked to return the Youview box, but strangely were asked to return the smart hub. We have renewed our contract with BT multiple times, the last being in 2020. Am i right in thinking we only need to return the wifi-disc? 

This link says, "We made some changes to our Terms & Conditions on 13 December 2019, meaning that BT Hubs and BT TV boxes are being loaned to you. So if you joined us or have renewed your contract on or after this date, you’ll be charged for not returning equipment to us."

I cannot see how BT could enforce what i have written in bold, i.e. 'you signed up a decade ago and own the device, but you renewed in 2020 and now it belongs to us again'. Quite confusing language.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Returning smart hub 2

Keep the Youview Box. It's up to you if you keep the Smarthub due to when it was issued to you but what would be the point of keeping it. It only works on a BT account. You do have to return the Wifi Discs.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Returning smart hub 2

It can be re-purposed as a Wireless Access Point, but will need an Ethernet cable to it in order to do so.

0 Ratings