cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Revert Game Pass Control Back to Microsoft

Go to solution

I have used the free game pass I received with my new BT broadband account and it has now finished.  I cancelled the recurring charge as I already have another 2 years to go on my Microsoft account.  However, my Microsoft account still shows that my account is managed by BT/EE and I cannot redeem any game pass ultimate codes (I have a few months I get free from being an XBox ambassador).

I need control to be passed back to Microsoft but there is no way I can do this via my BT account.  Can a moderator/BT staff member please look into getting my account passed back to Microsoft?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Revert Game Pass Control Back to Microsoft

Go to solution

Hi @Romburner,

Thank you for posting. When did you cancel the Xbox Game Pass with BT? Normally the control of the Xbox account will revert to Microsoft within 30 days of the Xbox Game Pass expiring with BT. During this period you should still be able to use the Game Pass as normal.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB 

I cancelled the renewal in November (about the 16th) but the free 6 months ran out yesterday. so is it 30 days from when the free period expires or when the renewal was cancelled)?  It is not an issue for me as I do still have months left anyway but would be a pain if I did not as the free period would have expired and you can't add cards/codes when BT is still in control of the account.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@PaddyB Could you please look into this for me as I still don't have control of my Microsoft XBox account and I have codes that I need to redeem.  My free 6 months gamepass ended in December and it is still showing on my XBox account as managed by BT/EE.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Romburner 

Thanks for posting back, I've sent you a private message so we can help with this.

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks @StuartH details sent.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for that @Romburner 

I can see your message in our queue. We'll get to you shortly.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Romburner 

Thanks for sending your details over to me. I'm glad we were able to assist in you getting control of your Xbox account again.

Should you need help again please post back here in the Community.

Cheers

Stuart

0 Ratings