cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Right hand - left hand!!

So, BT tells me at 1022 an order is complete BUT at 1052 I receive an email to tell me there is an order waiting in “my basket” to be completed with a so called link (that just takes me to the general order page).

Which piece of information do I believe?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Right hand - left hand!!

If it is for a BT service, log onto your MyBT and go to "Track Your Order" which should show the up to date postion of any order.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

But why is that more reliable than a later email requesting that I “complete the order”?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

All your orders should be shown in MYBT soche king is first place to go to see if there are any outstanding orders waiting completion. It will help you if you phone CS

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@webbyg wrote:

But why is that more reliable than a later email requesting that I “complete the order”?

If  you have ordered something and you perhaps did not complete that initial order for what ever reason and then went back and started the order over again it may be that the actual order you did complete has been fulfilled but the order that you did not complete prior to starting a new order is still waiting for you to complete it or to delete it from your pending orders.

When you order a service it is recorded in your MyBT. It should show if the order is completed or not. Whether it is more reliable or not we will never know until you actually check it.

In any event, you must know what you ordered and if the order is completed, the service that you ordered will be active so you should be able to use that service.

If you have ordered something from the BT Shop, you would need to log onto the BT Shop page and see if anything is still in your basket and if you do not want it, delete it from your basket. This will not show in your MyBT because it is a totally different system.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

No, that’s not it!

On MyBT it says ALL orders are complete. So why send me a subsequent email saying I need to “complete my order”?

How do I know if it is complete if the order is for a line rental renewal!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Phone BT Billing 0800.800.150 and ask. They should be able to check for you.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@webbygwrote:

Hi @webbyg   Because track my order is live information and an email could be delayed before it actually gets sent (the date/time is time sent and not composed).

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

It's also possible the order failed, the data integrity team noticed and had to complete it in order to correct things, normally the KCI (Keeping customers Informed) is supressed, sometimes the system will send auto generated messages, after that they raised a new order to replace the failed order.

Anything to do with open or failed orders is handler by the 'Connections' team, give them a call and ask 🙂

0 Ratings