cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Saving Money

I recently received my mums bill which is now over £70 a month with the add-ons. I called because I saw an opportunity to stay with BT on a downgraded package which could save us over £200 a year, great I thought, even though I had no home phone for three weeks and a mini hub to keep us going after all the faults and engineers not turning up. But then I was told it would cost my mum £606 to do so. After an hour on the phone all I got was is that I would be cancelling contract even though I’m wanting to stay and adjust my perks with halo 3 which we mostly don’t use. My mum is retired and lives off a pension and we are looking to save anything she can. Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue before taking it higher?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Saving Money

Hi @pjeans ,

I would assume based on the charge to change your package that you are still in contract, unfortunately when in contract, the package your signed up to is at a minimum and any downgrade is subject to early termination the same way leaving would be. The only way around it is to wait out the length of the contract and then downgrade once out of contract. 

Josh 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@joshuaedwardwrote:

and any downgrade is subject to early termination the same way leaving would be.

That's not correct, switching to another package whether an upgrade or downgrade won't incur early termination fees.

Depending on how long you have remaining will restrict the deals available, the last 30 days is an ideal time or out of contract.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@-Richie- 

I probably worded this wrong, early termination is obviously what is charged when leaving BT

Josh

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@joshuaedward  either way there is no financial penalty for regrading, downgrading or upgrading (except any activation and/or postage charges if applicable)

0 Ratings