cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Service keeps getting cancelled without my permission?

Go to solution
I have recently joined BT. I have not cancelled my plan however I received this message? “Hello, BT here. We've been given notice that you want to stop your BT services. It's really important to know what happens when you change providers, so we're sending you a letter to tell you all about it. If you've got any questions in the meantime, you can call us on 0800 587 7221. If we don't hear from you by 2pm on 24-Nov-2022, your move will go ahead as planned. Thanks.” I did not agree to this, nor do I want to cancel. Who has given BT notice? This is the second time I’ve received this, please can you stop this from happening?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Service keeps getting cancelled without my permission?

Go to solution

@HarrisonM 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

I have asked a moderator to post on this thread.

Its possible someone has placed an order with the wrong address, this often happens in blocks of flats/apartments.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @HarrisonM,

Welcome to BT and to our Community.

There could be a few reasons that you have received the message that message. As @Keith_Beddoe says, another person may have given the wrong address to their provider. Have you rang the number that was on our text to you? They should have been able to stop the takeover request.

Let me know if you need help directly from my team.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the super quick responses @Keith_Beddoe @DanielS 

I spoke to BT Livechat on Monday and they stopped the cancellation. But it seems to have happened  again.

Daniel please could I take you up on the offer of help from your team?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

You are very welcome @HarrisonM.

Yes, of course, you can. I have sent you a private message with some details that I need.

We will do everything we can to stop this.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @HarrisonM Thanks for speaking with me yesterday, I've cancelled the takeover order and can confirm your services will stay with BT.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings