cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Services restricted

So long storey short there was a problem processing my bill this month that led to a restriction, that's fine these things happen I get that.

My services had a restriction applied so I called straight away and paid the bill, job done or so I thought.

I have now been without services for over 24 hours and everytime I call I get told something different, the last advisor I spoke to genuinely said. I dont know what the issue is, I will have to figure it out and call you back.

Is there anyone who can help with this or.kniw how to get this resolved? I also work from home and am currently unable to log o  and do that either 😞

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Services restricted

It can take up to 3 days for a debit card payment to be fully processed. So BT could have had authorisation from your bank but could be waiting for the transaction to fully complete before lifting any restrictions. This could be a fail safe to ensure that the payment isn't going to be cancelled or rejected in that 3 day window before they lift the restrictions.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Yea I was thinking the same but Bt have advised its all paid and sorted, apparently they are not sure why the restrictions are still in place. Thay advised the need to manually remove the block from the account, not sure what this entails.

So far I have been advised to restart the router 8 times 😞

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Don't keep restarting the router, it will have absolutely no effect on your problem which is purely an admin one. It will, however, have a detrimental effect on your broadband speed as DLM will see it as a fault and take action.

0 Ratings