cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Paid bill but service still restricted

Go to solution

Can anyone help?

My service was restricted as I was late paying my bill, I’ve been in hospital with my son and have overlooked this. 

It’s  now paid and states I don’t owe anything, but service still restricted and I really need to get back online.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Paid bill but service still restricted

Go to solution

it can take a few days after bill paid before your connection is restored

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Paid bill but service still restricted

Go to solution

A few days??! Nah, I wasn't happy to accept that. 

I'm now back online, just incase anyone else searches for this problem looking for any help, this is what I did. I noticed my service was restricted at 7am, paid bill by 7.20, went on an online chat with BT at 8:45 asking how long it would take for my restrictions to be lifted on my services, and they sorted it for me straight away, I just had to restart my router.

Interestingly enough, when I paid, I had confirmation that my account was now zero and I didn't owe anything, and that my service would be restored 'within a couple of hours'. After searching for answers online, it tells you that it will take 24 hours.  

So it is definitely worth trying the online chat if you need to get back online asap. I'm now setting up a direct debit, so this doesn't happen to me again.

0 Ratings