cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Shambolic

I am a broadband customer (Halo 3) out of contract. Only took this package as my son was into gaming, he has now left home and I would describe myself as a light internet user.

I phoned BT customer service today with no desire or intention to leave BT, no attempt to haggle for a better deal. Just wanted to downgrade to a package that reflects my needs and reduce my payments from the £72 a month that I currently pay. over 40 mins on the phone and all I have been offered is an upgrade to an EE package that will cost me £83 a month, I had to be put on hold multiple times for the guide to come back to me with that offer.  It takes around 2 minutes to come to the BT website login and get the same upgrade offer.

It is an absolute shambles that you can not simply give a customer who is out of contract a package that suits. The process in place for accepting and dealing with calls is not user friendly and hardly suprising that customers need to wait 20 - 30 minutes to speak to a guide when simple requests need to go through 2 call centres, put on hold multiple times and still do not get the answer you are looking for.

It seems clear that BT have lost sight of what customer service should look like, is it really just about upsellinging to every customer who phones ( The guide did make time to speak to me about my mobile phone contract). Overall experience was extremely poor and I have given up after 40 minutes.

So looks like I am switching to another provider, its ironic that I can switch to EE on there own website with an almost identical package to Halo 3 for £47.99 a month. So that what loyalty looks like.

Thanks for listening. 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Shambolic

There is no such thing as customer loyalty, just customers.

Establish what you need from an Internet provider and what you need from your broadband.

I doubt you actually need more than a basic broadband service without any costly add ons like Halo.

Once you have done that call BT to see what they will offer and if you don't get what you want go with the provider who has the best deal for the amount of money you want to pay.

0 Ratings