cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Sky Contract

Hi!

I am currently in a Sky contract until the 13th January. I thought the right thing to do was to inform them that I was canceling at the end of my contract, which is what I have done.

If I now wish to take up a BT broadband/TV package, have I caused a problem with the way things switch over by forst canceling Sky?

Mark.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sky Contract

Cancel TV and mobile manually, line and brandband can be done by gaining provider if you stick with the same technology for delivery, for example if you have FTTC but then move to FTTP, it can't be a working line takeover.

For the best advice, how is your broadband delivered with Sky and what is available with BT ?

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply. I thinks its pretty much the same thing, so Fibre 2 is what I would get with BT. Currently with the Sky I get the same sort of speeds.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

FTTC is delivered using your master socket, also known as an NTE.
FTTP is delivered by having an ONT installed.

If the technology is the same, let BT the gaining provider cancel your line/bb with Sky, you'll get a letter from Sky confirming you're leaving.
Sky TV or Sky mobile needs cancelled manually or using a PAC/STAC for the mobile.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Sound like both are FTTC. I will tell sky to stop the cancellation of the broadband and just cancel the TV and let BT cancel the sky broadband.