cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Smart Hub 2, anyone else feel Misled?

I have recently agreed a new 24 month contract moving from Halo1 to Halo 3. The decision was partly based on the Halo 3 benefits which included a Smart Hub2 (I have checked back and the offer is still quite clear with Smart Hub 2 shown with the Halo 3 Package).

I now discover I am not going to receive the Smart Hub 2 as apparently it only comes with Halo 3+.

Firstly, I am annoyed and secondly BT needs to clarify the misleading offer made to existing customers.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Smart Hub 2, anyone else feel Misled?

not quite sure why you wanted a SH2 as very similar to HH6/SH1 but with SH2 you cannot split the 2.4/5ghz networks which many customers find a problem.  If at some time in future you upgrade to FTTP and/or digital voice then you will get a SH2

The Halo T&C are clear that SH2 only with Halo 3+

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi @Wobert 

BT Halo 3 is the same as Halo 1 with the addition of a Home Tech Visit if needed. Can you please provide a link to where it says that a Smart Hub 2 is included or even suggested without the Complete WiFi add on.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

The option of Halo 3 offered to me had a nice line drawing of a Smart Hub 2 and the words 'Smart Hub 2'. It seemed reasonable to expect that is what I would get.

Incidentally that offer still exists showing the Smart Hub 2 with Halo 3.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@VeteranISPUser 

The OP is correct in that renewal offers show an image of the SH2, even when staying on the same package. So reasonable to expect that one is supplied. There have been a few similar threads recently. Although as @imjolly said, why anyone would want one is another matter...

rbz5416_0-1668174619019.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

you need to take into account that the adverts you refer to are for new customers and it would not make any sense to show an old SH1/HH6 in advert

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@imjollywrote:

you need to take into account that the adverts you refer to are for new customers and it would not make any sense to show an old SH1/HH6 in advert

As I said, these are the offers presented for renewals & upgrades, not just new customers. I was seeing them daily up to the point I renewed. The image I posted clearly states the extra price because it's an upgrade, so not a new customer deal.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Before taking out any package you should always read the small print/ T &Cs instead of relying on line drawings or pictures.

If you read the following link you will see what extras you get with Halo 3 and a Smarthub 2 is not one of them.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it...

Message 9 of 10

The Advertising Standards Agency may have some difficulty with that view!

However, end of conversation.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Do you always enter into contracts without reading what you are getting into!!

Give the Advertising Standards Agency  call and let us know how you get on.