cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Someone used my email address

Go to solution

It appears that someone signed up for BT TV services using my email address. BT did not verify that they had the correct email before they started emailing me all kinds of updates regarding this person's account. I've gotten appointment reminders, equipment tracking, billing information, etc. The person has now sent a reset for my Netflix password. There seems to be no way for me to contact BT online. I've found phone numbers, but I live in the US and am not making an international call to resolve this. I just want my email unlinked from this person's account. I've even tried to "log in" to change it, but since I don't know her first pet's name, I'm stuck. I know her name and address (because BT has so generously shared that info with me many times!), but can't find her *actual* email address to contact her to tell her to fix it. 

How can I get in touch with someone at the company who can help? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Someone used my email address

Go to solution

@neracny

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

I have asked one of them to post here, they should be able to help with this.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @neracny, thanks for your post and sorry someone hasn't checked they've used their correct email address.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll get this corrected.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@JohnC2wrote:

...  sorry someone hasn't checked they've used their correct email address.

Whenever one signs up on almost  any site it's normal practice for an e-mail to be sent so that the applicant can confirm it.

IF BT didn't do so then that seems to me to be a serious error, and is of concern.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @neracny ,

Thanks for sending over the information. That's all been corrected for you now.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings