cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Switch to just broadband nightmare

My BT is out of contract. I was on  a broadband and landline package. I never used the phone so I thought as it's all switching to digital voice anyway I'll just get rid of the landline.

I've spent DAYS with someone at BT and have now been told that even though I'm out of contract I can't just switch to  a Broadband only deal - which is advertised at the speed I want for £29.99 per month. They can only switch me to that speed for £45 per month.

He said I have to cancel the package I'm on (even though I'm out of contract) and wait for 30 days then on day 31 order the £29.99 package and then I have to wait for two weeks for the service to be switched on.

Before I get back on to the call centre, can anyone tell me if A- what I've been told is correct and B- does it really take two weeks? and C- if I went with another provider altogether what happens to our bt email addresses?

Thanks

bendee

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Switch to just broadband nightmare

try contacting retentions team and see what you can negotiate 08007831401. Make sure you have information of current offers both BT and other ISP to help negotiation 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

That's brilliant. Thankyou. I'll have a go there.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for that. I explained everything and got the Fibre2only for 33.95 instead of 45.00 a straight switch over 🙂

0 Ratings