cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Switching two accounts

I currently have two BT Broadband accounts at my home.  One physical drop line to the house from which one pair supplies BRoadband to my house and then a second pair that runs back out around the house and then down the garden to a garden office.

The first line/account that feeds the house is no longer required as we’ve had fibre put in with another provider however this contract runs until Nov 23.

The second line/account that feeds the garden office IS going to be kept but is up for renewal in a few days time (Jan 23)

Ideally, I would like to switch the accounts on the line so that the garden office account then runs until Nov 23 and I can then cancel the Jan 23 account.  

Is it possible to just remotely swap accounts on my two “lines”?  I’ve been passed around quite a bit by BT as it doesn’t seem to be billing, technical, moving house, etc etc…. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Switching two accounts

Hi @stickybloke,

When it comes to contracts, they are tied to your account number and package. That means we can't switch them from one account to another.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the quick reply Daniel 🙂

I’m happy keeping the account & contract that runs until November, I’d just to physically switch the line it comes in on, if that makes sense?  

It’s down the physical layout of the cables etc in my house.  I effectively want to terminate one contract when it’s up (a few days time) and move my existing other contract onto the other line… 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

If the billing address is the same for both lines, just physically swap the 2 pairs over where the drop wire terminates.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

That makes sense @stickybloke.

So technically, you have 3 lines.

Line A: BT line contract ending November 2023
Line B: BT line contract ending January 2023
Line C: Fibre with another provider

You want to keep Line A's contract and account but take over the way it's routed to match Line B. This can be done as a takeover. It's best if we discuss this over the phone during the week and before you decide on renewing Line B. I have a couple of options available to me that can help. I'll send you a private message.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings