cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

TV package downgrade out of contract

My TV package is now out of contract, but my BB minimum term still has until October to run. I want to downgrade my TV package in the meantime without taking a new contract so I can choose the best options in October for both my TV and broadband. 

However everyone I've spoken to so far keeps saying it results in a new 24 month contract - is it really the case now I'm out of contract that, to have some flexibility, I need to re-enter a contract?

I want to have freedom when my BB contract ends to possibly choose from other providers, but if I can't have BT/EE TV when on another BB provider, this is essentially locking me into renewing with EE/BT later this year?

Can't say it makes sense to restrict customers so much when they've served their contractual periods? Or am I making too much comparison with a phone contract where you can downgrade a plan after you've served your contract period?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: TV package downgrade out of contract

As you need BT broadband to receive BT TV, then your broadband contract has to be extended to cover the re-contract of your TV package.

You will need to wait until October.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I understand that if I take a new TV contract, but is it not possible to be on a rolling monthly TV package that I can change until that BB contract renewal comes up? I'm now sitting paying more money than I'd intend to while waiting on my BB contract to catch up

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

No idea, as I do not use BT TV.

@DarrenW  would be the best person to answer.

You may be able to add things, but not take bits away, as that would be a new contract.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

See https://www.bt.com/terms/ee-tv-terms-6-dec-2023

32. You can choose to change your service, TV package and service features

(a) You can choose to upgrade or change your service. If you do, there might be a new minimum term. If there is, we’ll tell you before you confirm your upgrade or the change to the service.

(b) If you took the service alongside other BT services (like BT Phone or BT Broadband), you might not be able to change your current serviceTV package or service features until the end of the minimum term for all of the BT services.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

How recent did your TV contract minimum term end ?

0 Ratings