cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Terminating my contract early

Hi,  I am looking for some advice on behalf of my daughter who has totally unusable BT broadband.

She has had two engineers in, one a contractor (useless) and the second one a BT Openreach engineer.

She and her house mates cannot even load the BT Wholesale Speed Test site to run a test !!, it's that bad, her upload speed is running a constant 0.35Mbps, I used Speedtest on my Pixel 5 to run three separate tests at various locations throughout the flat.

They have had enough and are half way through their contract and are hammering their mobile data to get anything done.

Is this grounds enough to insist on early termination without any fees ?

I think it is totally pointless getting engineers out again, even the BT Openreach engineer said her area is rubbish for BT broadband (copper, fibre is not available to her).  Especially when they charged her for the call out, but luckily she got this refunded !!

Thoughts please ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Terminating my contract early

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

please can you or daughter post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   this will show what is available

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings