cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Transferring ownership of Xbox Game Pass account back to Microsoft

Go to solution

Hi,

I had a 12 month subscription to Xbox Game Pass which came with my BT 900mbps fibre upgrade package but it ran out at the end of November. Before that I had a private sub to Game Pass direct with Microsoft (same gamer account) so I expected that once the free BT package ended my Xbox account would automatically hand back to Microsoft but this hasn't happened & when I log into my Xbox account I see the following:

laurencemarr_0-1703151880366.png

and my sub is still active (on the Xbox App till 26/09/2024):

laurencemarr_0-1703152604682.png

Can you please look into it and let me know when the account has been handed back to Microsoft?

I can PM specific details over if you need 👍

thanks,
Laurence

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Transferring ownership of Xbox Game Pass account back to Microsoft

Go to solution

Following advice on another thread https://community.bt.com/t5/Holding-Archive/Xbox-Game-Pass-Ultimate-on-BT-Broadband/m-p/2245398/high... I purchased a 1 month Game Pass ultimate code there to see if it allowed me to transfer the account myself but this didn't work so I'll need help from you guys please

laurencemarr_0-1703153326842.png

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for your post and welcome back @laurencemarr

Sorry for the problems you're having with your Xbox subscription.  We are extremely busy at present and as we deal with cases in turn as we receive them, it'll take us a few days to get to you.

Do you want to give our guides in the helpdesk a call at some stage today?  This will get everything resolved sooner.  You can reach them on 0330 1234 150.  Post back and let me know how you get on chatting with them.

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

thanks for the reply @RobbieMac i'm happy to wait, no big panic on it as my sub is still active (with Xbox) till Sep 24 so it's just to get it transferred back to Microsoft from BT as soon as you guys can 👍

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for posting back @laurencemarr

No problem, we can help you out.  As I said we are extremely busy and as soon as you get to the top of our queue we'll give you a shout.  It will be after the xmas period at this stage but we'll get to you as soon as we possibly can 🙂

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Pleased to say Craig from the BT Xbox Support team got me sorted after persevering with Microsoft 👏

My account is now back with Microsoft so if anyone else is getting this i'd advise speaking to the helpful mods (thanks @RobbieMac!) who will then put you in touch with BT's Xbox team 👍

@RobbieMac I missed Craig's call earlier but listened to his voicemail message, if you're able to pass on my thanks it'd be much appreciated.

thanks again everyone!
Laurence

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @laurencemarr 

Thanks for posting, really good to hear this has now been resolved for you.

I'll happily pass on your thanks to Craig. I'll close the case and complaint I raised for you, now that you've regained control of your Xbox account 🙂

Thanks

Stuart