cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Trying to leave BT - order conflicting with an existing open order

I am trying to move my broadband service and phone line from BT to another supplier. The new supplier tells me Openreach keep rejecting the order due to "conflict with another open order". How do I find out what this mysterious open order might be?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Trying to leave BT - order conflicting with an existing open order

Hi @MFPA   Just checking that that you didn’t tell BT that you were leaving?

Message 3 of 7

MyBT > Help > Track My Order should show anything outstanding.

What @VeteranISPUser ia alluding to is that you should have just placed an order with the gaining provider & left the process to them. If you also told BT that you want to cancel (a common error), then that cancellation will prevent the takeover. You then face being without service for a couple of weeks & if you have FTTC, possibly losing your slot in the cabinet if it's full.

Message 4 of 7

I didn't contact BT, just placed the order with the new provider.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

MyBT > Help > Track your order lists a couple of closed / completed orders (changes to landline add-ons) from a few months ago. Nothing outstanding or open.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Guess you'll have to settle in with a coffee & call them then. If they can't resolve the issue post back here & hopefully a Mod can look into it for you.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

The new provider cancelled the order, waited a day and tried again. I now have completion dates from the new provider for the broadband (13th) and the copper pair (14th).

BT's "sorry to see you go" letter matches the date for the phone line and goes on to say: "If you're moving your broadband as well, it may take a day or two for us to find this out from your new provider. So we'll be in touch again when we do."

0 Ratings